Last updated: Aug 31, 2018
Locally.sg (the “Company’), the operator of https://www.locally.sg (the "Website"), is committed to protecting your personal data.
The Company shall not be liable for any voluntary disclosure of personal data by you to other users in connection with the use of the Website.
2. Collection of personal data
Revealing of personal data is not necessary when using the Website, except when you subscribe to our services as a user, access through the Website response to your requests, or when you contact us directly.
When you engage our services via the Website, directly or indirectly, we collect various personal information from you, your devices, and your interaction with our services. Such information may identify you when combined with other data.
When you subscribe as a user and use our services, you may be asked to provide personal information about yourself, such as your name, contact information, and details about your home or properties. This may occur when you
- register an account with us on the Website
- contact or interact with our customer service or salespersons via email, telephone, or in person, or request we contact you
- subscribe to the services that we are providing on the Website (e.g. newsletters)
- submit forms (online or offline) related to the use of any of our services
- make any transaction, with us, or in relation to the Website
- correspond with any of our real estate agents or customer service
- provide information to a third party regarding the Website or our services, for example, when you share a listing with a recipient via social media or mobile
- provide information on locally.sg through third party platforms and applications (e.g. Facebook), such as and not limited to, your email, encrypted access credentials, such as your profile picture, date of birth, gender, friends list
- provide to us any personal data of a third party such as your friend or family, on the basis that you represent them, and have obtained their consent to do as such
3. Purpose of collecting data
The personal data which you provide may be used and processed by us and combined with other information for the purpose of managing and operating the Website, the scope of which include, but is not limited to the following:
- administering the Website
- managing our infrastructure and business operations, to comply with the Company’s policies and procedures
- enabling the use of our services available on the Website
- improving user browsing experience of the Website
- provide our services to you which they have specifically requested
- responding to your requests or queries sent via emails, over telephone or the submission of form(s) on the Website
- responding to or following up from matters related to the use of the Website
- sending you general updates or commercial communications (non marketing-related)
- providing third parties statistical data about users for the purpose of improving the Website, but which, cannot be used to identify any single individual
- verify user identity, listings or other submitted content
- analysis of statistical data for the purpose of conducting market research
- conducting audits, reviews and analysis of our internal processes
- to comply with any laws or regulations, codes of conduct or practice guidelines, or to assist law enforcement and investigations by relevant authorities
- where you have enabled integration with third party platforms (e.g. Facebook), we may use your public information to promote our services, such as to notify recipients about your use of our services
Should the Company require your personal data for reasons not mentioned above, the Company may request consent from you prior. If you are below 21 years old, consent should be given by your legal parent or guardian.
4. Disclosure of personal data
We will take reasonable actions to prohibit disclosure of your personal data to unauthorised parties. However, we may disclose your personal data to any affiliate or subsidiary of the Company, and third parties like our service providers, field professionals, and legal authorities, for the purposes but not limited to:
- make any amendment or improvement to the Website for the benefit of users
- shortlist relevant listings that are closest to your search criteria
- transferring our rights and duties to any party
- seeking advisories from the Company’s professional advisors such as auditors and lawyers
- cooperating with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings to comply with any laws or regulations, codes of conduct or practice guidelines, imposed by government authorities
- facilitating business asset transaction (i.e. the purchase, sale, lease, merger or amalgamation or any other acquisition, disposal or financing of an organisation or a portion of an organisation or of any of the business or assets of an organisation) which the Company is a party or prospective party
- providing operational services such as telecommunications, information technology, payment, payroll, processing, training, market research, storage, archival or other services, by agents, contractors or third party service providers to the Company
The Company will not disclose any personal data to third parties for the purpose of direct marketing, without first obtaining your prescribed consent either through a given form online or on paper. You can withdraw your consent as and when, by sending us email at email@example.com. You can also withdraw your consent, if you have given when registering as a user of the Website, by going to your user profile and untick the consent field. Please note that if you withdraw your consent, you may not be able to enjoy some of our services available on the Website.
Cookies are small pieces of information transferred from websites when you visit them, and are stored on your web browser. They are used by us to track information such as, but are not limited to:
- the number of page views of individual web pages on the Website
- the number of unique visitors to the Website
- the duration unique visitors spend on average on the Website and their common entry and exit points
- the frequency of use of the Website
- about the device visitors use to access our services, such as the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information, and browsing behaviour
You may at any time, disable the cookies, if you wish, by changing the settings on your browser. However, this may prohibit you to use parts of the Website.
The Company will do its best to safeguard your personal data, and take necessary precautions to prevent any loss, misuse, or leak of personal data, by storing them on secure servers in an encrypted format.
While as much as possible, we will do our best to safeguard your personal data, we cannot ensure the security of the transmission of your personal data to the Website. Transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure, and any such transmission will be at your own risk.
Passwords created by any user, for the purpose of access to exclusive uses or services of the Website, will never be asked by the Company, except for the purpose of logging into the Website. All users shall be responsible for the confidentiality of their own passwords. Users are reminded to choose a strong password, and log out of their user account after completing services from the Website, to prevent any hacking of their accounts.
7. Withdrawal, access and amendment of personal data
To make any requests for the withdrawal, access and/or amendment of personal data, you should send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Company may request you to provide personal details, prior to withdrawal, access or amendment of information, for identity verification purpose. Any requests that do not comply with the above will be rejected. This is in line with the Company’s own data protection policy.
The Company reserves the right to refuse disclosure or amendment of any personal information for reasons in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012.
8. Contact Us
Should you require further information about the collection, use, or disclosure of your personal data by us, please do not hesitate to contact us at: email@example.com.